Sunday, September 8, 2013

New Kid on the Block

I have been checking out all of the wonderful blogs out there and I am AMAZED at all of the great ideas that my fellow teachers share. I wanted to join in on the fun and I hope I can be as helpful as everyone has been to me over the last few years!

Just an intro: This will be my third year of teaching 2nd grade. I graduated from UNC Chapel Hill in 2007 (GO HEELS!) and I taught 6th grade for one year after graduation. I have to say, teaching middle school was not my thing and I have to give props to all of you amazing middle school teachers out there. I took a year off to take care of my newborn son and after some soul-searching and random other jobs outside of teaching, I decided that I needed to get back into education in the right grade-level for me. An opportunity teaching 2nd grade (MY FAVORITE!) became available and I ran with it! Now I've been there for the last two years and even with all the difficulties that come with teaching, I still wouldn't do anything else!

I got married this past June to the most amazing man who loves my son like he is his own. I'm still getting used to being called Mrs. Dull and sometimes I forget when I'm calling parents and give them my old name! They were so confused on our Meet and Greet night since my name on the outside of my door hasn't been changed and my id badge still has my old name! Haha, oh well, it will be fixed in good time :)

I look forward to another great year in 2nd grade and sharing funny stories and ideas with everyone in the teaching community! Love all of you fellow teachers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment